What am I doing?


What am I doing?
Really. I conscientiously decided years ago not to learn how to shoot photos. My brother is a pro photographer johnheredia.com ; my wife can hang with best of them Set Out Running.
So why bother??
Well here I go -- I'll take the challenge, but there will be no editing of the shot, no cropping, and no use of fancy apps.
Equipment? my IPhone's camera.
Aperture? huh?
Lens? There's one in my eye, right?
That's it -- me and the IPhone and I will tell the tale of what goes on in this crazy ride of life -- at least my little part of it.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 54 -- Viva La Rock!!!

If you had asked me between 1993-1998 to list my top 5 bands, one would have continuously made the list -- indie rock gods --Superchunk.
I loved their hooks in their melodies and in the guitar; their energy on stage and on record; and the fact that they stood for what was the last great period of independent music (at least in my opinion - give me a loud guitar over a lap top any day). Somewhere along the way as they grew up and slowed down I "grew up" and went into my "Americana" phase.   Nothing wrong with that  -- discovered a few great bands in that genre (Wilco, Old 97s, Whiskeytown) but gone was that energy and sense of desperation in the lyrics and music.
So you can imagine my joy when I heard they were getting together to record a new record and that they would be back on the road.  It seems that we are at the age when that genre regroups and tours again -- Jesus Lizard, Pavement, Guided By Voices -- I am not complaining at all, it's better than the Flock of Seagulls and Naked Eyes.  Looking forward to the shows. And the new record -- excellent! -- Here's to you power tube cartoon man!!!! (from the CD insert).

No comments:

Post a Comment